Today I'm sharing some shots of the beautiful land I'm living in. This one was taken during our bus ride into the highlands of central Tanzania.
Riverside Campsite is located just outside the city of Iringa. The road into town curves up the hill, and you can see a portion of town in the valley below.
The first weekend we were here, a few of us hiked beyond our campsite, farther upriver. The region is scattered with big rocks and boulders, and the river tumbles over and through them.
Andre, Shona, and I--representing the Netherlands, Canada, and Texas respectively. (We may look like we're enjoying ourselves, but really we're sad that Dorien, Andre's wife, isn't with us.)
Saturday I joined some other students and their families for a walk to the canyon we'd heard about. It's across the main road from the camp, following a (mostly) dry stream bed. The little canyon system continues for a ways, so we had a great time exploring.
The kids enjoyed climbing around.
Yay! Cool pictures, and you're even in some of them!
ReplyDeleteLovely views, Lyndy, makes me think of Bryce Canyon here in the States. Hope you are feeling more up!
ReplyDelete