Saturday, June 14, 2014

World Cup Life

Brazil is far away, but with a little effort, I've found it possible to go World Cup-crazy here in Musoma.

My fellow teachers joined me in representing Brazil's colors for the opening game Thursday night.

A peek into my last 24 hours will show you more of what I mean.

My friends and I delightedly watched the Netherlands THRASH Spain yesterday. It was made all the more entertaining by my Dutch teammate jumping up and down with glee.

Van Persie dives to score an unbelievable header.

This morning my students' families treated us teachers to breakfast at our town's lovely little cafe! (Carrot cake makes a great start to the day, fyi.) A week of brainwashing in the name of Geography has paid off; one girl was clamoring to hear a report of the game, which had taken place after her bedtime.

Our classroom map, with all 32 World Cup countries located and flagged

My Australian teammates fed a bunch of us brick oven pizzas for lunch and gave us a delayed showing of Australia's game. (Less glee in that case. Very sorry, my friends.)

But still, GREAT pizza.

I returned home to find my cat having her kittens. There are five, and one is colored sort of like a soccer ball. I'm already calling him Persie. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment