A few years ago I shared about how the Gilmore family shares their advent tradition with our team. They have continued to host us each year, and after last night we can say that our gatherings are only getting better! We've always sung Christmas carols together, and this year Michael was persuaded to start bringing his guitar. We've had some keyboard accompaniment, too, thanks to Rebekah or even her young student, Michaja. Then last night Tara brought her new cello! Oh my goodness, when I heard the first rich tones from that beautiful instrument, I gave a sigh of delight. And I wasn't the only one; everyone paused to listen. What a treat!
Playing the cello is something Tara has missed ever since their family moved to Tanzania seven years ago. A few months ago God surprised them with a chance to get a cello in Nairobi! I know it's been a blessing to Tara, and now she's shared it with us, too... So this holiday season I'm feeling doubly thankful for Tara's cello!
One other photo from last night: Malia lighting the advent candles with her daddy's help. ❤︎


No comments:
Post a Comment