Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hotel Belinda

These first few days in Tanzania I've been in the main city, Dar es Salaam.  I'm staying at the same hotel as the folks who have been here for orientation.  It's quite nice... in fact, one of my main first impressions of this country has been color.  As you can see from these pictures, green is everywhere.  Against the green you'll often see other bright colors in the flowers.  So here is Hotel Belinda...

This is what you see from the courtyard... sort of the side of the building.

The building is very open--so much so that small birds are constantly flying through!

Here is part of my spacious room.  The "princess canopy" you see on the bed can even help keep mosquitoes away!

You come out the back to another pretty courtyard.  To the right is the restaurant area under a large thatched roof (you can only see the edge).

Here is one of the crows that frequent the area, waiting for an opportunity.  This morning I left my plate to get something and turned around to see a crow make off with my donut!

This is the view from the conference room balcony.  Mbezi Beach is just across the street.

Karibu Tanzania!  (Welcome to Tanzania)

2 comments:

  1. Lyndy I am so excited for you. What an awesome adventure. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How beautiful, Lyndy! Thank you for already sharing how your travels were. I am surprised after hearing about your lack of sleep. But I am so glad we can already see a glimpse of your life. I think this blog was a good idea!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete