Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Took My Parents "Home" with Me!

When I returned to Tanzania this time, I had the huge pleasure of bringing my parents along for a visit! I'm so thankful they could come and see the place where I live and meet my friends.

Mom and I in London Heathrow's Terminal E, my other home!

Lunch at a cafe on the furthest tip of the Musoma peninsula (my house is across the bay, at the foot of the hill).

These fisherman came in to the beach while we were there.

Dad samples some Lake Victoria tilapia masala and ugali (the local corn mush staple).

We visited the translation office and participated in the devotional/chai time. 

Saturday was our local Missionary Fellowship gathering, and Dad shared with us all.

We visited a couple Tanzanian homes; Mariam prepared us quite a feast!

Musoma is very close to Serengeti National Park.  We went for a fun overnight trip.  It was my first time, too!

Yeah, that elephant just walked right by our vehicle!

There is no way I can choose from the photos I took in the park without making this an impossibly long blog post.  Maybe there will be a facebook album one of these days.  However, I did put some video clips together, to give a brief glimpse:


All in all, we had a fun, full week in Musoma.  (I think my parents also got a good taste of East African public transportation as we made our way from Nairobi and back!)

Now taking reservations for any others who want to visit my corner of the world!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment