Along with my post about small blessings, I want to also mention two huge, exciting reasons to thank God.
I now have a colleague! Crystal Lucas arrived in Tanzania the same year I did, and she taught missionary kids (and others) at an international school in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's largest city and unofficial capital. When she told me she was thinking about coming to Musoma to join me in teaching the MKs here, I was so excited!
And now she's here! We can brainstorm and plan together and divide the teaching between us! (Parents will still be helping, too, thank goodness, but it's so nice to have two of us full-time MK teachers!) Already this semester I have been feeling that I'm not teaching all the ages and classes well, and we have more families coming, more preschoolers and toddlers on the horizon! You know how you sometimes wish you could clone yourself? Well, this is even better, because Crystal is a fabulous teacher with different areas of training and experience than I have. The Musoma families and I are very thankful for her!
We are also very thankful to be seeing some of our team's hard work finally in print. In the past year, there have been seven Scripture dedications! That means people from seven different local ethnic groups have seen and heard God's Word in their own languages for the first time. Wow! These dedications celebrated (and distributed) the Gospel of Luke, and in several instances, the smaller books of Ruth and Jonah, as well.
Check out this slideshow, made by my teammate, Michael Nicholls.
Scripture Celebrations in the Mara Region of Tanzania
Thank You, Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment